Monday, January 12, 2015

Spinach Lasagna

When I was growing up, my family travelled through Utah on our way to Idaho. We stopped at our friends' house in Sandy to visit.We hadn't eaten in hours so when we arrived I was starving.  The house smelled so good!  I asked the hostess what we were having for dinner and she said, "Spinach lasagna!" I was so disappointed. Spinach was something slimy that came out of a can.  It didn't belong in lasagna.  But then I tried some and I was hooked!  I never got a recipe for this but always make it up.  Hopefully this will work for you!

Ingredients
9 lasagna noodles, cooked (can use rice noodles)
1 small jar Prego spaghetti sauce
16 oz ricotta cheese
garlic powder
Italian seasoning
4 C shredded mozzarella
1/2 shredded parmesan

Instructions
Preheat 350°
Spread sauce in a 9X13 pan. Lay down noodles, then spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, more sauce. Repeat until the pan is full.  Top with parmesan. Bake 350° uncovered for 35 minutes.









No comments:

Post a Comment