Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hawaiian Haystacks




I thought this was just weird when I heard of it but it's actually very good!  I rarely use a recipe for it but here's the one my visiting teacher gave me when I was a young newlywed.  I substitute 3-4 chicken breasts for cooking a whole chicken.  Much easier!

Ingredients:
1 large chicken, cooked and picked off the bone (as if!)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
Pepper to taste
2 Tbs. parsley flakes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 package chow mein noodles
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 C celery, chopped
1/2 C green pepper, chopped
1/2 C green onion, chopped
1 20 0z. can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 C grated cheese
1/2 C coconut, shredded
1/2 C slivered almonds

Instructions:  Simmer chicken, broth and canned soup for 10 minutes. Add pepper and parsley.
Have all other ingredients in separate bowls so people can choose what they want as toppings. (I choose everything!) Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment